Shahi Paneer is a creamy and delicious vegetarian curry!
How to make Restaurant style Shahi Paneer
Shahi Panner is a Shahi or “Royal” preparation with tomatoes, cashew nuts, and cream. This curry has a beautiful mild flavor with a silky smooth gravy which makes it one of the most popular vegetarian dishes ordered in restaurants. Let’s make Shahi paneer in your kitchen!
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pan set on medium heat
- Add whole garam masala and stir fry for approximately one minute or till aromatic
- Add onions, ginger, garlic and stir fry till the onions turn translucent. This should approximately take one minute
- Add tomatoes, sprinkle some salt and add cashew nuts
- Give it a quick stir, place the lid on and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy. This should approximately take five minutes Transfer everything to a blender jar, cool it down and blend it thoroughly
- If the paste is smooth enough proceed to the next step if not, strain the paste to make the gravy smoother
- Rinse out the jar with half a cup of water and add it in. Mix well and set it aside
- Add butter to a pan set on low heat
- Once the butter melts, add Kashmiri red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.This gives the gravy a nice color
- Add the tomato paste in
- Beat yogurt until smooth and add that in Add coriander powder and mix well
- Add salt to taste and add some sugar if the tomatoes are very tart
- Add Paneer pieces, place the lid on and let the gravy simmer for approximately three minutes
- Crush Kasuri methi leaves in between your palms and add it in
- Add green cardamom powder and stir well turn off the heat and add heavy cream
- This curry tastes good with roti or rice!