Detailed tips on how to store curry leaves (fresh, frozen and dried)!
How to store curry leaves or kadi patta for long time (fresh, frozen and dried)
This is all about how you can store curry leaves (kadi patta) fresh in the refrigerator for weeks or how you can store in in your freezer for months. I will also show to how to dry curry leaves in the microwave oven and the air fryer in minutes! You can store these for years or make a curry leaf powder and store it!
- Line an airtight container with a paper towel
- Take the leaves off the stems and put the leaves into an air tight container
- Cover them with another paper towel
- Place the lid on and store it in the refrigerator
- This should stay fresh for weeks
- Make sure to wash them before using them!
- Take the curry leaves off the stems and wash them thoroughly
- Spread the leaves on a paper towel and pat them dry as much as possible (water is your enemy when you want to freeze leaves)
- When the leaves feel nice and dry transfer them into a ziploc bag
- Make sure to remove as much air as possible from the ziploc bag before sealing it
- You can freeze this for months
- Make sure to quickly take out as many leaves as you need, seal the bag and immediately freeze it
- Dried curry leaves can be stored for years in an air tight container at room temperature (as whole leaves or as curry leaf powder)
- Wash the curry leaves thoroughly
- Pat them dry on a paper towel. It doesn’t have to dry completely.
- Once that’s done you can use any of the following methods
- a) Air drying: Spread them on a paper towel, cover with another paper towel and this should take around two days to dry up
- b) Drying using a microwave oven: Spread the leaves on a microwave safe plate
- Microwave on high for one minute and then check if the leaves have dried (this can take anywhere from one to three minutes depending on how many leaves you’re drying)
- The leaves will turn so crisp that you can easily crush it into curry leaf powder
- c) Drying using an air fryer: Make sure to put the leaves under the airfryer basket and not directly into the airfryer basket so that the leaves don’t fly up when the airfryer runs
- Set the air fryer at 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius for around two minutes and you should have perfectly crisp curry leaves
Storing fresh curry leaves
Freezing curry leaves
Drying curry leaves and making curry leaf powder
How to store curry leaves for long time, how to save kadi patta, tips to store fresh curry leaves, how to dry curry leaves in microwave, preserve fresh curry leaves, what is the best way to store curry leaves, how to store curry leaves, how to keep curry leaves fresh, how to store curry leaves in fridge, how to store curry leaves for long time in fridge, how to store curry leaves in freezer, kadi patta lambe samaye tak kaise rakhe, curry leaf powder