Want an easy recipe that uses over-ripe bananas?! These banana muffins are quick and yummy!
Eggless, dairy-free Banana Muffins (made without an oven)
Makes these super easy and quick banana muffins/cupcakes! These are soft, moist and airy! They are eggless and dairy-free and you don’t even need an oven to bake it! You can bake it in your pan 🙂 Hope you like it!
- Our makeshift oven is going to be a wide pan. Add enough salt or sand to cover the base of the pan. Add a perforated metal plate on the salt and place a lid on.
- Pre-heat the pan at the lowest temperature setting for 10 min
- In case you want to use a conventional oven, preheat at 180 degrees celsius or 350 degrees farenheit
- Mash an over ripe banana really well
- Add granulated sugar and continue mashing till it forms a thin paste
- Add any neutral cooking oil and whisk well
- Add vanilla extract
- Add a pinch of salt
- Sift in all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Mix till the dry ingredients are “just combined”
- Quickly whisk to dissolve any big clumps. Try not to over whisk
- Add ~2 tbsp. of batter in muffin molds (there should be enough for 6 muffins)
- Tap the muffin pan to remove air bubbles
- Top the batter with tutti frutti or nuts
- Place it in the pre-heated pan (at the lowest temperature setting)
- The circumference of the muffin should turn brown in ~25-30 min. If a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, it is perfectly baked!
- Cool down the muffins for 5-10 min (cooling the muffins prevents the wrapper from sticking to it)