If you like chatpata dhaba-style egg bhurji, this recipe is for you!
How to make Egg Bhurji/Anda bhurji (dhaba-style)
Egg Bhurji or Indian Style scrambled is a quick and delicious egg curry that tastes good with Roti, Rice, or Bread. If you like Chatpata Dhaba-Style Anda Bhurji, this recipe is for you!
- Add approximately 3 tablespoons of oil to a pan set on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, and onions. Sprinkle some salt on the onion so it cooks faster.
- Stir fry the onions till they turn translucent, it should take approximately 2 minutes or so
- Next add chopped green chillies, turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Stir fry the tomatoes till they are slightly soft and add red chilli powder
- Give that a quick stir
- Turn down the heat and add in the beaten eggs
- When the eggs are almost solidified, add in black pepper powder and fresh lime juice
- Continue to stir the eggs till all the liquid evaporates
- Next add in half the amount of coriander leaves and stir it for some more time
- Add salt as needed and break up the egg chunks into smaller pieces with your spatula (that’s how I saw it served in most dhabas)
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- You can have this with roti, rice, or bread
- Cook the eggs on low heat because sometimes when the heat is high and the eggs turn brownish, it smells really eggy!