This is a healthy Laddu/laddoo recipe made of oats, nuts, and dates. There is no added sugar, ghee or oil! These quick oats laddus take less than 15 min to make! These taste yummy and are perfect for weight loss too! PS: these are one of the easiest snacks that I give my kids in school, and they love it 🙂
How to make Healthy Oats Laddu with nuts and dates in 15 min
Healthy Laddus made of oats, nuts and dates! These are high in fiber and protein and is a great make-ahead snack!
- Dry roast rolled oats or instant oats for approximately 5 minutes. You’ll see that the color turns into a slightly darker brown and also it’s going to turn more aromatic
- Let’s it cool down and add that into a grinder jar
- Next add in one cup of roasted mixed nuts. If your nuts are not roasted, you can roast it in a pan for 3 or 5 minutes. Add whatever nuts you have!
- Next, add in 3/4 cup of pitted dates (~8 large dates)
- Next add a pinch of salt (~1/8th teaspoon)
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of black cardamom powder
- Grind till the dates are mixed in well, the nuts ooze out oil and the mixture sticks to the wall of the grinder jar. It should approximately take 1 min
- Ready to make laddus! I used a 2 tbsp. Measure to make laddus. That makes ~ 12-13 laddus (1.5 inch in diameter)
- I hope you enjoyed this recipe this snack! Its perfect for your kids snack boxes in school
- Its healthy so good for weight loss too!
- You can Jazz up this recipe a little more with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or coconut flakes etc
- If the dates are not very sticky and the laddus don’t come together easily you can add some raisins or you can add a little bit honey or jaggery basically anything that’s going to help in binding!
- You can substitute green cardamom powder instead of black cardamom powder if you wish