If you are a cheese lover, these quick cheesy breadsticks are for you!
How to make cheesy breadsticks with Semolina
Crisp on the outside and spongy in the inside, topped with loads of cheese! I made this special snack for my kids for a picnic and they were thrilled! My kids and I are cheese lovers so this is surely a treat for us. Cheesy breadsticks made of semolina (sooji or rava) without any eggs or yeast. This is a no bake recipe which takes only 10 min to make!
- In a bowl, combine semolina, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and vinegar
- Add water and mix well
- Add eno or baking soda and mix
- Grease a pan with oil or melted butter
- Spread the dough and shape it like a rectangle or square. The thickness should be approximately 0.75cm
- Turn on the heat to low/medium and place the lid on for 1 min
- Take the lid off and cook for approximately 5 min or till the dough turns crisp
- Spread oil on the other side and turn the semolina bread and cook till the other side turns crisp
- Turn down the heat to low, and spread some mayonnaise on the other side
- Turn off the heat add cheese. I used cheddar and mozzarella
- Turn off the heat and place the lid on for 1 min or till the cheese melts
- Cut the bread into long pieces. Done!
- You can use lime juice instead of vinegar
- Chilli flakes (optional)