Healthy Spinach soup recipe/Palak soup
Nothing like a bowl of healthy and warm spinach soup to cozy up with! Lush green, silky smooth and delicious!
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pan set on low heat and add the spinach leaves.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook till the spinach leaves wilt. This should approximately take 5 minutes or so
- Transfer the leaves to a blender jar and add the milk into the blender jar
- Blend to a silky smooth paste
- Set a pot on medium heat and add the butter in
- Add garlic and stir fry for approximately 30 seconds or so
- Now add the all-purpose flour
- Stir fry the roux for approx. 1 min or till it turns light golden in color
- Turn down the heat to low and add the spinach paste
- Rinse out the blender jar with around half a cup of water and add that in as well
- Crush the stock cube and add that in
- Add powdered black pepper and mix
- Add salt as needed and cook till the soup starts to simmer and get thicker. This shouldn’t take more than 3 to 5 minutes
- Soup is ready! this tastes delicious as it is or you could always garnish with some heavy cream if you wish
- This tastes delicious as it is or would taste really good with garlic bread!