Pepper Rasam is a spicy and peppery South Indian Style Soup that is packed with flavor!
How to make pepper rasam
Spicy and intensely flavorful pepper Rasam with a plate of steaming hot white rice and a tsp. of ghee! Perfect on cold winter nights!
Dry masala mix (grind to a coarse powder)
Wet masala mix (grind to a coarse paste)
- Soak a Lime sized ball of tamarind in half a cup of water. Break up the ball so the pulp mixes with the water
- Get the dry and the wet Masala mix ready and set them aside
- Set a pot on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add mustard seeds, Curry leaves, dried red chilies and hing
- Give it a quick stir
- Add tomatoes along with half a teaspoon of salt and turmeric powder
- Stir fry the tomatoes till they turn mushy
- Add 2 cups of water and the tamarind juice
- Add the dry and the wet masala mix
- Place the lid on and let the liquid boil for approximately 3 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Add a teaspoon of ghee and garnish with coriander leaves
- Pepper Rasam tastes best with steaming hot white rice!