Mughlai Chicken curry is a royal preparation with a creamy rich sauce!
How to make a delicious keto chicken curry- keto mughlai chicken
Mughlai Chicken delicious curry with a rich, flavorful and creamy gravy, made of nuts, coconut flakes and heavy cream!
- Soak the cashew nuts and almonds in hot water for 10-15 min
- Discard the water, peel the almond skins off and set the nuts aside
- Stir fry the thinly sliced onions in 3 tbsp. of oil until they turn a deep golden brown in color. This should take approximately 5-6 min on medium heat
- Transfer the onions to a grinder jar along with the soaked nuts and dry shredded coconut
- Grind everything to a smooth paste and set it aside
- Set a pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp. of oil
- Add cumin seeds, black cardamom, green cardamom, black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and a bay leaf
- Stir fry for 30 sec until the spices turn aromatic
- Add the nut/onion paste and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until it turns oily and glides easily on the pan
- Add the chicken pieces
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste
- Stir fry the chicken for approximately 5 min
- Add green chillies to taste
- Add 1.5 cups of water and place the lid on until the chicken is tender. This could take 8-10 minutes
- Let the gravy simmer and reduce till the reaches a slighly creamy consistency
- Add heavy cream and garam masala powder
- Let the gravy simmer for a minute till the cream slightly melts
- Garnish with coriander leaves!