Easy and tasty potato fry with simple ingredients!
How to make potato fry without onion garlic and ginger
No onion, no garlic and no ginger but your potato fry can still taste delicious!
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan set on medium heat
- Add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Once the cumin seeds start spluttering, add dry red chillies
- At 6-8 curry leaves (chopped)
- Add half a teaspoon of hing or asafoetida and half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Stir thoroughly
- Add potatoes (cut in small cubes)
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon of salt and mix thoroughly
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water, turn down the heat and place the lid on. Cook till the potatoes are approximately half cooked (for approximately five minutes). Stir intermittently
- Once the potatoes are partly done, add 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder and salt (to taste). Mix thoroughly
- Cover and cook (for approximately five minutes) till the potatoes are fully done
- Add fresh lime juice
- Add some more oil and stir fry till the potatoes turn golden brown
- This curry tastes best with daal and rice or with roti or chapati!