Bharwa Bhindi! Okra stuffed with flavorful spices!
Bharwa Bhindi Recipe/Stuffed Okra Recipe/Stuffed Lady’s Finger
Okra/Bhindi stuffed with a tangy, spicy and delicious filling! Perfect with steamed rice or chapati.
- Dry roast chickpea flour (besan) in a pan on medium heat for approximately five minutes. You’ll see it turns darker and aromatic. Once it’s done take it out and keep it aside in a bowl.
- To the same pan add approximately 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, fenugreek (methi) seeds, curry leaves, coriander seeds, peanuts, garlic cloves, ginger and stir till the peanuts and garlic turn slightly brown. This will take approximately two minutes.
- Transfer everything to a blender jar. To the same blender jar add Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, tamarind concentrate and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Blend this to a coarse consistency.
- Make shallow slits on the okras and fill it with this masala.Make sure to press the masala in.
- To the same pan add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon of ghee. Spread it evenly throughout the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the okras nicely making sure not to place them on top of each other
- Sprinkle salt (to taste) evenly on all the okras
- Sprinkle around 2 tablespoons of water on the okras, cover and cook till they turn soft. Gently turn the okras intermittently. This should to approximately take 8-10 minutes
- Once the okras are cooked, sprinkle the roasted chickpea flour on them.
- Finish by sprinkling some chaat masala