This is a delicious tangy preparation of raw jackfruit. Jackfruit 65 tastes great with Dal fry and tandoori roti or naan!
How to make raw jackfruit 65
Raw jackfruit stir fried and marinated with tangy spicy sauces and sauteed with aromatic curry leaves and other indian spices! Jackfruit 65 tastes amazing as a appetizer or when paired with dal fry and tandoori roti. Its meat like texture makes it a perfect vegetarian substitute for chicken 65
- Boil the jackfruit pieces in water with a tsp. of salt, till it’s 90% cooked through. It could take 15-30 min
- Drain off the water and set the pieces aside
- Add approximately 4 tablespoons of oil to a pan set on medium/high heat. Stir fry until the pieces turn golden brown. This should take approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and set the pieces aside
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan
- Add onions, curry leaves, garlic and ginger, slit green chillies, sprinkle some salt and stir fry till the onions turn translucent
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Add coriander powder, powdered black pepper, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, a pinch of red food color (optional), and half of the coriander leaves
- Stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add plain unsweetened yogurt (beaten well), white vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and red chilli sauce.
- Give it a quick stir, check for salt and add salt to taste.
- Let the gravy simmer for a minute
- Add the jackfruit pieces and mix thoroughly
- Stir fry the jackfruit pieces until the gravy gets thicker and sticks to the jackfruit pieces
- Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves