If you like dhaba-style mushroom masala, you will love this recipe!
How to make keto mushroom curry-mushroom masala
Mushroom masala is a popular dish in India. This mushroom curry tastes just like restaurant style mushroom masala! Very flavorful and creamy gravy, perfectly pairs with roti or rice.
- Set a pot on medium heat and add oil. When the oil heats up, add a cinnamon stick and cumin seeds
- Once the cumin seeds start to splutter, add chopped onion. Sprinkle some salt so the onions cook faster
- Stir fry the onions for ~1 min and add crushed ginger garlic
- Stir fry till the onions turn golden brown. This should take another min
- Turn down the heat and add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder
- Stir fry the spices for 20-30 sec. Splash some water if the pot is too hot and you feel like the spices may burn
- Add chopped tomato
- Give it a quick stir and place the lid on for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes turn mushy
- Stir fry the tomato paste till it looks oily (~2 min)
- Add sliced mushrooms with some salt
- Stir fry the mushrooms till they soften a little. (~2 min)
- Add 1.5 cups of water
- Place the lid on and let the curry simmer for 5 min
- Add black pepper powder and garam masala powder
- Add 1 tbsp. of dried fenugreek leaves (crush them in between your palms and add it in)
- Add salt to taste
- Add heavy cream and coriander leaves
- Place the lid on and let the curry simmer for 2 min
- Garnish with some more coriander leaves!