This is a flavorful spicy masala fish fry that takes minutes to make!
How to make Fish Fry
This is a delicious masala tawa fish fry recipe! I will share a tip by which all the marinade will stick nicely to the fish and won’t come off while pan frying it!
Dry masala mix
- If you don’t want the fish to smell too fishy, then squeeze some lime juice on it. This step is optional
- Combine all the spices for the dry masala in a bowl
- Grind all the ingredients for the wet masala mix
- Coat the fish with the dry masala mix followed by the wet masala mix and marinate it for 30 min at least
- Set a non-stick pan on medium heat and brush some oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Pan fry the fish on both sides for ~3 min each. You can drizzle a little oil so the coating turns crisp
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the fish for some extra kick!
- Blending the herbs and ginger/garlic with oil makes the fish fry more aromatic
- Frying the fish in less oil prevents the marinade/masalas from coming off the fish