Pumpkin Pakora or Kumro Porer bhaja is a crisp and tasty bengali snack. Here I share tips to make the pakoras perfectly crispy!
How to make Crispy Bengali Pumpkin Pakora-Kumro Bhaja
Bengali Pumpkin Fry or Kumro Bhaja is a crispy and tasty battered pumpkin fritter that tastes best with khichdi or as a snack. Here I share the recipe that will give you perfectly crispy kumro bhaja every time!
- Deseed the pumpkin and slice it as thin as possible
- For making the batter, add besan, rice flour, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, black cumin seeds (kalonji) and red chilli powder
- Add water slowly till it forms a slightly thick but runny batter
- Add a pinch of baking soda and vigorously whisk the batter for 30 sec, to introduce air bubbles
- Dip a pumpkin slice, let the excess batter drain off and deep fry it in oil (medium heat) for approximately 4 min or till it turns golden brown and crispy.