Delightful and Fragrant Cake!
Eggless Orange Cake
This eggless orange cake recipe is going to brighten up your day! This is a soft, moist, and fragrant cake made with fresh orange juice! The fresh whipped cream frosting with orange zest is delicious!
Orange Sponge Cake
- Apply some oil to 2, 8 inch cake pans and line them with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit a 180 degrees Celsius
- Zest one big orange or 2-3 clementines and extract fresh juice from them
- Strain the orange juice and discard the pulp
- Take 180 ml or 3/4 cup of lukewarm milk
- To this at around half a tablespoon of white vinegar
- To a large bowl add half a cup or 100 grams of granulated sugar and half a cup of 125 mL of any neutral cooking oil
- Give the ingredients a quick whisk and then add half a teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 cup or 60ml of fresh orange juice
- Whisk the mixture till it turns glossy. This should take around 30 seconds or so
- The milk should have slightly curdled by now. To this, add half a teaspoon of baking soda and mix.
- You will notice that the milk starts to bubble up and turn frothy immediately. If that doesn’t happen you should probably use fresh baking soda
- Add the milk in and whisk everything well
- Sift the dry ingredients in
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using the “cut and fold method”. This method prevents over mixing the batter and makes the cake nice and light
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed in whisk briefly to break up any clumps that may have formed
- Divide the batter equally into both the cake pans
- Even out the batter with your spatula. Swirl around a Chopstick or a toothpick to get rid of any air bubbles
- Bake the cakes in your preheated oven for around twenty minutes or so or till a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean
- Now let the cake cool down completely in the refrigerator
- Cut an orange into thin slices. It’s easier to do this with the Rind intact.
- Carefully peel off the rind and you will end up with little orange flowers (refer to the video recipe!)
- For this cake we need 7-8 slices of these orange flowers
- Cut an orange into thin slices with the orange peel intact
- Find 4 slices of similar size and cut them in halves
- We need 8 halves in total
- Pour 1 cup or 240 ML of cold heavy whipping cream in a large bowl
- Add the zest of one orange in it
- Add 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar and add 2 tablespoons of milk powder
- Milk powder helps in stabilizing the whipped cream
- Start whipping on low speed for approximately 30 seconds and then switch to medium high speed and whip for a minute or so till stiff peaks form
- Check out the video recipe for this section!