Potol Bhaja is a simple and delicious fry from the Bengali cuisine
How to make Bengali Potol Bhaja-Parwal Fry
Potol Bhaja is a Bengali recipe that is simple yet incredibly delicious! Tastes best with Khichuri 🙂
- Cut off the potols on both ends and peel them in alternate stipes. Cut them in halves
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Coat well
- Add half mustard oil and half normal oil to a kadhai or pot and heat to medium
- Add the potols (seed side down) and fry for 5-6 minutes or until they turn golden brown
- Flip the potols and cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side or until they turn golden brown
- Some people add some sugar to the potol while coating with turmeric powder. My mom never did it and it tasted delicious! so I also follow the same
- Make sure to use mustard oil for frying! Mustard oil if the soul of Bengali cuisine 🙂 You can also fry the potols in pure mustard oil instead of mixing normal oil.