A soft, airy, vanilla sponge cake topped with strawberry jam, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries! Follow my recipe and you can make a perfect eggless vanilla sponge cake without an oven but in your microwave in 5 min and make the entire eggless strawberry cake in 30 min! Just follow 4 simple steps..check out the recipe!
Easy Eggless Strawberry Cake in 30 min using the microwave oven
Yearning for a strawberry cake with whipped cream but don’t have the time to bake it?! Follow my recipe and you will be amazed at how light and airy this microwave sponge cake will turn out! Top it with a quick strawberry jam, fresh strawberries, whipped cream and done! You will love this!!
For the Cake
- Let’s start by making a quick buttermilk. To 1 cup or 240 ml of lukewarm milk add 1 tbsp or 15 mL of vinegar. Give it a good mix and set it aside.
- Next to 1.5 cups or 180 g of all-purpose flour add one and a half teaspoon or 6 grams of baking powder. Mix well and set that aside
- In a large bowl add half a cup or 125 mL of any neutral cooking oil. Add half a cup or one hundred grams of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, half a teaspoon of salt and mix well
- Add the buttermilk in and add half a teaspoon or 3 grams and baking soda
- Whisk rapidly so you get a lots of air bubbles
- Next we’re going to sift in the dry ingredients
Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a spatula. Use the “cut and fold method” so you don’t over mix. Quickly whisk to break up any clumps and you will end up with the smooth batter.
- Pour this into a microwave-safe dish. Quickly swirl around with a chopstick to remove any air bubbles and into the microwave on high. You have to use your normal microwave settings not the convection oven mode. The cake should be ready in 5 minutes or so
- Add half a cup of fresh strawberry puree to a pan set on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of sugar and stir till it thickens
- Spread the jam on the cake while it’s still slightly warm it’s easier that way.
- Cover the entire cake with sliced strawberries
- Add 1 cup or 240 ML of chilled heavy whipping cream to a bowl
- To this I add 1/4 cup or 50 grams of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Whip till stiff peaks form
- Cover the cake with cream!
Step one: Soft Vanilla spongecake in the microwave
Step 2: Fresh strawberry jam
Step 3: Layering with fresh strawberries
Step 4: Whipped cream
- Hope you enjoyed this recipe!