This is a Sweet n Sour n Spicy healthy vegetable salad inspired by Thai flavors! This killer salad dressing combines the flavors of Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Chilli sauce, Peanuts, Honey, and Lime juice! This Thai-Style Vegetable Salad is a keeper 👍😊
Healthy Thai-Style Vegetable Salad
This is a really delicious salad mainly because of the tasty salad dressing! Use this flavorful dressing and switch up the veggies as you wish! You could use broccoli, baby spinach, bean sprouts, corn , edamame beans, apples, jicama, raw papaya….design your own salad bowl!! 😊
- Let’s start by taking 2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts. We are going to transfer these to a ziploc bag and break these up into smaller pieces by using a rolling pin.
- Next, let’s get our veggies ready! I am using two cups of finely shredded cabbage, two medium sized carrots (sliced thin), 3 small cucumbers (sliced thin), 2 tomatoes (sliced thin), one bell pepper (sliced thin), some red onion sliced thin, and two to three tablespoons of fresh coriander leaves.
- Mix well
- Now let’s work on a super flavorful dressing! We are going to combine one and a half tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce, (if you’re using high sodium approximately half a tablespoon should be enough).
- To this add half a tablespoon of red chili sauce, one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, one and a half tablespoons of honey, fresh juice from half a lime, one teaspoon of crushed garlic, and half a teaspoon of crushed ginger.
- Give that a good mix!
- Add the dressing to the salad and coat well.
- If you want it a little more hot sprinkle some red chili flakes
- Next, add approximately half of the roasted peanuts
- Now let’s give the salad a good mix so the dressing coats all the veggies
- Now let’s give it a taste and sprinkle some salt if needed
- Finally garnish with the remaining peanuts and your salad is ready!