Thai green curry pasta recipe is one of the most vibrant and flavorful pastas I have made!
Thai green curry pasta
Have you ever thought of adding pasta to your Thai green curry? It gives the pasta a vibrant and delicious flavor! If you have store-bought green curry paste, it’s really easy and quick to make. Try it!
- You can use any pasta of your choice for this dish. I used Cellentani pasta
- Take 5 quarts (approx. 5 L) of water in a pot and add 1 tablespoon of salt to it
- Give it a quick stir and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta in and cook it till it’s 90% done (al dente). (The cook time should be mentioned on the package)
- Drain the pasta water
- Sprinkle a little oil so they don’t stick to each other. Set it aside
- Set a pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil
- Add garlic, add ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add carrots and broccoli florets and stir fry for another 30 seconds
- Add corn kernels and give it a quick stir
- Add coconut milk and add the stock cubes. If the stock cube is very salty use only one. You can also substitute stock cubes with soy sauce
- Place the lid on for approximately five minutes
- Add bell peppers and half the coriander leaves
- Mix some coconut milk into the green curry paste so it doesn’t form lumps
- Add it in and mix thoroughly
- Add pre-boiled pasta and mix well
- Place the lid on for two minutes
- Add lime zest and fresh lime juice. If you have Kaffir lime leaves, you need not use lime zest
- Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and chopped spring onion greens
- Check for salt and add more if needed. If it’s too salty you can add some milk
- Save some of the pasta water before you drain it. You may need that to thin out the pasta if you wish
- If you want your pasta to be more soupy just add more coconut milk or normal milk.
- Make it tastier by adding eggplant and basil leaves!
- Add some chicken or shrimp to make it even better!