Are you looking for an easy yet delicious dessert for the holiday time? Then this White Chocolate Ice cream with Cranberry Sauce is surely worth a try!
White Chocolate Ice cream with Cranberry Sauce
Creamy homemade vanilla ice cream studded with white chocolate shavings and slathered with a delicious silky smooth sweet n tart cranberry sauce! An elegant dessert for the holiday season…or any season for that matter!
This ice cream is made with only 4 ingredients and is really quick to put together! The cranberry sauce is made from fresh cranberries and has a subtle orange flavor. Hope you enjoy this dessert.
- I used a white chocolate bar from Lindt (4.4 ounces). I made white chocolate shavings using a vegetable peeler and scraped 2/3 of the bar. This should be approximately half a cup. Keep it aside
- In a big chilled bowl add 2 cups of chilled heavy whipping cream. Whisk till medium peaks form. This will approximately take two minutes. Start whisking at low speed and gradually turn to medium
- Add vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Add half a can of condensed milk (approximately 7 ounces). Add more if you prefer it sweeter
- Add white chocolate shavings. Mix well and whisk till stiff peaks form. This will approximately take one minute.
- Line a bowl or cake pan with a long cling wrap. Cling wrap will give you the option to easily pull the ice cream out
- Pour the cream and even out the surface
- Garnish with some white chocolate shavings and cover with cling wrap
- Place it in the freezer for at least six hours
- I used approximately half a pound of fresh cranberries. Make sure to rinse thoroughly and get rid of any mushy ones
- Add this to a pot.
- Add 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice and half a cup of granulated cane sugar
- Set the heat to medium, wait till the syrup starts to bubble and comes to a boil. This will approximately take five minutes.
- Lower the heat and place the lid on and cook for three more minutes. (You will be able to hear the cranberries pop!)
- Stir intermittently and let it simmer on low heat for three more minutes
- Check if the cranberries feel nice and soft
- Don’t simmer it too long, we want the sauce to have a pourable consistency
- Cool it down to room temperature
- You can either pour this chunky sauce over your ice cream or blend it to a soft silky sauce like I did
- Blend till its is super smooth and strain it to remove any seeds
- Silky yummy cranberry sauce it’s ready!
- This sauce has a subtle orange flavor. It is tart and sweet. Add more sugar if you want it sweeter. Add orange zest if you like a stronger orange flavor. For more holiday flavors you can simmer the cranberries with ginger or star anise or nutmeg or a cinnamon stick!