Craving chocolate cake but don’t have the time or energy to bake it in the oven! Don’t worry! If you have a microwave, you are all set! Make this eggless chocolate cake in the microwave in 5 min!
How to make eggless chocolate cake in the microwave in 5 min!
This moist and delicious chocolate cake will be ready in no time 😊 Just make sure you have some vanilla ice cream in your freezer! That would be a killer accompaniment to this 👍
- Add vinegar into the milk. Keep it aside so it turns into buttermilk
- Pour oil into a big bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix well
- Add salt, coffee powder, buttermilk and baking soda. Whisk well
- Place a strainer over the bowl and add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder
- Mix well and sift
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Thin out the batter with 1/4 cup of water.Thinning out a thick batter in the end ensures a smooth lump free batter compared to adding all the liquid from the start
- Mix using the “cut and fold method”
- Use a microwave safe dish to pour the batter in
- I used a plate and lined it with parchment paper
- Even out the surface of the batter as much as possible
- Bake the cake using the normal quick start mode of your microwave. You don’t have to switch to the convection mode. Bake for 4-5 minutes (the timing depends on the power of individual microwave ovens). My cake took 4.5 minutes to bake. The cake is completely cooked if the centre is not sticky and a toothpick poked in the centre comes out clean.
- While the cake cools down, let’s quickly make the glaze!
- Heat the chocolate morsels in the microwave till they just start to melt. This should take like 20 to 30 seconds
- Drizzle melted butter and combine into a smooth glaze. The consistency of the glaze can be adjusted based on the amount of melted butter added
- Cut the cake in whatever shape you like, dip it in the glaze and enjoy!
- My kids surely had fun with their playdoh molds (check out the video :))
- Coffee powder enhances the chocolaty flavor of the cake.
- You can use any coffee powder you have (espresso powder or even regular Nescafe instant coffee powder)