This immunity boosting drink with calm and soothe your sore throat while clearing out your nasal passages and sinuses!
How to make an immunity boosting drink for cold, cough and sore throat-Ayurvedic Kadha
This immunity booster drink (also called Ayurvedic Kadha) is a home made herbal tea that has therapeutic benefits during a cough, cold or sore throat. This drink has several spices and condiments that have anti microbial and anti inflammatory properties.
Ginger is rich in anti oxidants and is known for its anti-microbial properties. Raisins are a natural cough suppressant and also impart a subtle sweetness to the tea. Cinnamon and cloves are anti-inflammatory. Black peppercorns help in clearing out your nasal passages and sinuses. Turmeric powder is widely known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and lastly, mint leaves are a natural decongestant that leaves a cooling and soothing effect on your throat!
- Crush ginger and raisins in a mortar and pestle.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, and black peppercorns to the same mortar and pestle and crush it
- Add the contents of the mortar to 1.5 cups of drinking water in a pot
- Add turmeric powder and mint leaves
- Bring the tea up to a boil
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 min
- Turn off the heat and place a lid on for 5 min
- Strain it and sip this for immediate relief from your cold, cough and sore throat symptoms
- Make a large pot of this herbal tea and sip it several times a day to give you rapid relief from your cold, cough, and sore throat symptoms!
- You can also add honey to this tea but add it only after the tea turns lukewarm and is not piping hot. Adding honey to hot tea makes it toxic according to ayurvedic science.