A simple potato fry! For me, this home food, made with love, better than any restaurant food 🙂
How to make a simple Potato Fry
Potato fry with barely any masalas, no ginger, no garlic, no onion, just the fresh aromas of green chilli, coriander leaves and pure ghee! Simple yet delicious!
This curry is perfect as a Vrat recipe for Navratri, Shivratri etc. just make sure to substitute sea salt with rock salt!
- Set a pan on medium heat and add two tablespoons of pure ghee.
- Add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds or jeera and half a teaspoon of carom seeds or ajwain and let the seeds splutter
- Next add in four to five boiled potatoes that are cut in small cubes and add salt to taste. (when you boil the potatoes make sure to add some salt to the water that’ll make the potatoes a lot more flavorful)
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon of powdered black pepper
- Now the most important part, stir fry the potatoes till they form a nice brown crust. Browner the potatoes more flavorful they’re going to be! This should take approximately 8-10 min
- Move the potatoes to a side and add around half a tablespoon of oil
- Add chopped green chilies, and give them a quick stir. (if we would have added the green chillies right in the beginning of the recipe we would have lost that fresh aroma that we’ll get by doing it this way)
- Next add lots and lots of coriander leaves
- This fry can be paired with a simple lentil/dal. Check out my Moong Dal Recipe!
- You can also have this with Rasam or Sambar.
- Another fantastic combination would be this fry with some Puffed rice or Muri roasted in mustard oil!