Matka Kulfi is one of the easiest ice creams you can make at home! If you have whole milk, sugar and some nuts at home, you are all set to make this delicious creamy Kulfi!
Easy Matka Malai Kulfi Recipe without Cream
Matka kulfi is a traditional indian ice cream that is made from evaporating full fat milk till it turns thick and creamy. It is flavored with kesar, cardamom and topped with mixed nuts. It has a denser texture than regular ice cream and tastes rich and delicious!
- Bring 1 liter of whole milk or full fat milk to a boil
- Reduce the volume of the milk to half. This should approximately take ~20 min on medium heat
- Add in 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios, almonds and cashew nuts
- Boil the milk for another 5 min till the milk is reduced to 1/3 of its original volume.
- The milk should look creamy by now
- Turn off the heat and add 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- Mix till the sugar dissolves
- Pour the cream in a matka or a bowl
- Freeze for 8-12 hours
- Let it warm for 5 min after you take it out of the freezer.
- Make sure to use full fat milk for this recipe, skim milk may not give you a creamy texture!