Are you in the mood for some flavor explosion?! Get ready because we are making this spicy, peppery, chatpata chicken fry that is so addictive you’ll want to eat it over and over again!
How to make chicken fry-Spicy and Peppery!
This is an insanely flavorful chicken fry recipe, where we will marinate the chicken with lots of spices and coat it with an aromatic herb and green chilli blend! Try it! its addictive 🙂
- Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, Chaat masala, crushed ginger-garlic, plain unsweetened yogurt and cooking oil
- Mix well and marinate the chicken for 1 hour at least
- While the chicken is marinating make a coarse paste of the following in a grinder jar: green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and dried fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi
- Once the chicken is done marinating set a pan on medium-high heat and add approximately 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- At the marinated chicken in
- Stir fry the chicken for approximately 5 minutes until the brown slightly. Make sure to cook the chicken on medium-high heat because if you cook the chicken on low heat the chicken is going to release water and it’s going to be harder to brown the chicken
- Turn down the heat and place the lid on. Cook for approximately 3 minutes
- Give the chicken a quick stir to make sure that the chicken pieces don’t burn. The chicken should have released enough water by now, so place the lid on for another 7 to 10 minutes till the chicken pieces are cooked through
- Crank up the heat to medium-high again and make sure all the gravy evaporates.
- Move the chicken pieces to one side of the pan, add the herb paste to the residual oil and give it a quick stir
- Coat all the chicken pieces with the fried herb paste
- Add salt to taste
- Squeeze fresh lime juice
- This chicken fry tastes amazing with rice or roti!