Whey water left over after making paneer is highly nutritious! Here I will show you how to make a delicious hot n sour vegetable soup with whey water.
How to make Hot and Sour vegetable soup- left over whey water recipes
Whey water is left over after making paneer from milk. This leftover liquid is high in nutrition. Whey water can be made with lime juice or vinegar. This is a delicious hot n sour veg soup that can be made using left over whey water, especially when vinegar was used to make paneer.
- Set a pot on medium/high heat and add oil
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for few seconds. You don’t have to brown the garlic
- Add carrots and green beans and stir fry for a minute
- Add cabbage and stir fry for 15-20 seconds
- Add whey water
- Add veggie stock cube and pepper powder
- Bring the soup to a simmer
- Add vinegar, hot sauce, and soy sauce
- Make a corn starch slurry with 1/4 cup of water
- Add the corn starch slurry (1 tsp. at a time) and stir till the soup thickens
- The soup will keep thickening as it boils
- Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves